nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Blueberries vs. Blackberries

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Blueberries vs. Blackberries
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 13:21:29 -0500

Why isn't there more blackberry hype?

Well, Mark, I ended up buying blackberries once in the grocery store. They were just like little lemons! I don't mean that they were just a little sour. As far as I could tell, that was the ONLY taste. I sure couldn't get excited about blackberries from that experience!

Now, I understand that store-bought fruit is usually lousy, but I love the blueberries I buy. I'm sure tempted to try to grow my own. But I haven't been at all tempted to try blackberries (not sure if they'll grow here, anyway).

Maybe too many other people have had experiences like that.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority. - Ralph W. Sockman