nafex - [NAFEX] a disturbing observatio on honeycrip apples

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] a disturbing observatio on honeycrip apples
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 22:11:32 -0700

Well this year I faced for the first time a new pest, the Japanese beetle.
My yard, apparently was a paradise for them. I a have never encounter these
loathsome creatures before, nor do I ever wish to again. they devastated my
cherry and plum trees, ate my raspberries and devoured my grape plants...I
noticed they avoided my pear tree and all my apple tree but on variety, they
singled out my honeycrips, all three of them even though interplanted with
other apple trees!!!

I can only speak of my yard, but with 18 varieties, I find it odd that the
only damage is to each of the three honeycrisp trees.

the fluffy bunny

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====