nafex - [NAFEX] Graftwood - how long will it keep?

  • From: Clifford Cain - uk yahoo <cc_syorks@yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Graftwood - how long will it keep?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:58:46 +0100

Hello Everyone
My apologies for this question, for I recall the debate on the matter earlier in the year but although I have browsed the archive, I have not stumbled upon the topic.
In the salad draw of the fridge, I have some graftwood left over from spring. I was contemplating grafting (as opposed to budding) the wood onto rootstocks now. What is the received wisdom of this practice?
I grafted last November with success and will do so again this year as it certainly reduces pressure come March.
Many thanks
Clifford Cain
Doncaster, South Yorkshire, UK