nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Graftwood - how long will it keep?

  • From: "Ed Fackler" <ed.fackler@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Graftwood - how long will it keep?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 08:04:51 -0400

Clifford:

     I've kept it for over a year in excellent condition (by accident...forgot it!).  If it is still plump it will work now.

ed

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 6:58 AM, Clifford Cain - uk yahoo <cc_syorks@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Hello Everyone
My apologies for this question, for I recall the debate on the matter
earlier in the year but although I have browsed the archive, I have not
stumbled upon the topic.
In the salad draw of the fridge, I have some graftwood left over from
spring. I was contemplating grafting (as opposed to budding) the wood
onto rootstocks now.  What is the received wisdom of this practice?
I grafted last November with success and will do so again this year as
it certainly reduces pressure come March.
Many thanks
Clifford Cain
Doncaster, South Yorkshire, UK

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**