nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Goumi (Eleagnus multiflora)

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Goumi (Eleagnus multiflora)
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 17:14:59 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/2008 2:05:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, piper33@verizon.net writes:

Two people have replied to my Goumi e-mail saying Sweet Scarlet bears fruit in the spring. My mystery plant bears fruit in the fall. I just googled "autumn olive" and found pictures of the same fruit I have. Mystery solved. I have autumn olive, Elaeagnus umbellata.
So I still want to grow Goumi, Eleagnus multiflora. I would be interested to hear from anyone that has spring-bearing Goumi and could either send me a start or some fresh seeds. Contact me off-list to arrange this.
-Mark Lee, Seattle zone 8

Hi Mark,

Just yesterday I spit out a hand full of seeds from my Gumi. Don't know the variety, the scions came from Hector Black. There are still some left and can collect some, provided the birds haven't eaten the rest. They love em. Mine is grafted on Autumn Olive.

Jerry