nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Goumi (Eleagnus multiflora)

  • From: "Robert C. Mullins" <mullins@gaelicmysts.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Goumi (Eleagnus multiflora)
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 08:55:05 -0500

Goumi looks pretty interesting. I think I would be interested to purchase some starts if anyone is selling any. Does it really need to be grafted or is its own root structure fine enough?

--

Robert C. Mullins M.S. IT
GaelicMysts, Owner

Two people have replied to my Goumi e-mail saying Sweet Scarlet bears fruit in the spring. My mystery plant bears fruit in the fall. I just googled "autumn olive" and found pictures of the same fruit I have. Mystery solved. I have autumn olive, Elaeagnus umbellata.
So I still want to grow Goumi, Eleagnus multiflora. I would be interested to hear from anyone that has spring-bearing Goumi and could either send me a start or some fresh seeds. Contact me off-list to arrange this.
-Mark Lee, Seattle zone 8