nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Rope

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Rope
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 22:19:39 -0500

I have used plain 12 gauge wire with good results. Just thread it through a loop of old hose where it contacts the tree to keep it from cutting into the bark. It's cheap and easy to use.

Thanks, Lon. I looked at wire (not sure what size), but some of it was too stiff to handle easily. And I wondered if the other kinds would be strong enough. Also, we get a lot of wind. I was afraid that wire might snap if it were moved back and forth too much (though I'm not sure how much that will happen in this case).

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me. - Dave Barry