nafex - Re: [NAFEX] A blackberry for the North Country

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] A blackberry for the North Country
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 22:24:04 -0500

"The cane color is purple with a whitish bloom. "

Sure sounds like a black raspberry to me, only, I thought that they weren't very hardy. So maybe it's kin to the blackberry that Jim Fruth found. It's true that the trailing blackberries we have down here in Tenn (called "dewberries") do tiproot and have smaller thorns than the upright species. Donna