nafex - [NAFEX] Insect ID Help

  • From: "Scott Williamson" <ScottW@acespower.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Insect ID Help
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 07:47:39 -0400

I was wondering if anyone could help me ID an insect.  I can't seem to get much in my searches other than Japanese Beetles or Green Junebugs.

I was going to take pictures, but after I threw them in a bucket of water their color faded a bit.

I found them on my plum trees last night eating the plum blossoms just before they've opened.  They vary in size to about the size and shape of a firefly and smaller.  Maybe a little thinner.  They have a metalli green head, dark brown wings, and dark orange legs.  I didn't think to look a their underside and I swear I've seen them before, but I can't ID them.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
Central Indiana Zone 5b

Think before you print

NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the sole and confidential use of the intended recipients and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete the original message from your computer system and destroy any copies of the message as well as any attachments and notify me immediately at (317) 344-7000.