nafex - [NAFEX] kiwi cuttings—which end is up?

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] kiwi cuttings—which end is up?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:38:00 -0500

I just received a bunch of kiwi cuttings from UC-San Diego & wondering if it matters which end is up when planting? The bottom is not marked & they're not necessarily thicker on one end. I was thinking maybe the buds should point up, but looking at my plants growing outside, the buds point in both directions (to be more specific they point in the direction of the sun no matter which direction the vines are headed). Any quick responses appreciated as I've got everything all laid out to pot up.

~mIEKAL