nafex - [NAFEX] Seeking late blooming apple scion

  • From: Pete Tallman <pete_tallman@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Seeking late blooming apple scion
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 03:07:16 -0600

Donna suggested Chestnut Crab as late blooming. But for me, Chestnut Crab/Ant
leafs out and blooms abnormally early, then it gets nailed by frost. I've had
only a couple of crops in 12 years. Suspect chilling hours get into the mix
somehow.

I haven't seen Mother mentioned. It is about the latest to break bud and
bloom of anything I have. Your mileage may vary.

Pete Tallman
Longmont, CO erratic zone 5

Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference.
Learn more.