nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Seeking late blooming apple scion

  • From: Douglas Woodard <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Seeking late blooming apple scion
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 17:19:28 -0400

Ed, I presume you mean Sweet 16. Sometime when you have a few minutes to spare, could you tell us about the baggage, as well as any other good points. I imagine a lot of people would like to know the whole book on a high quality cold-hardy apple, even if it's the Midwest peformance you are reporting on.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

Ed Fackler wrote:
Sam (and others whom interested):

I don't know where your info came from but the only cultivars are your list that are truly late/bloom are as follows.

[snip]

Sweet 15 (perhaps the very BEST in quality, but has other baggage)