nafex - Re: [NAFEX] rust control, copper and boron

  • From: growyourown@earthlink.net
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] rust control, copper and boron
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 07:14:02 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Jim,
I believe it is the late leaf rust in red raspberries and the orange rust
in blackberries.My impression was that it goes beyond just rust in berries.
Other diseases in and other plant genera. I dont know any specifics. He did
mention helping some highway dept. out west with dieback in Ealeagnus. A
broad range of plants and disease were talked about. Everything from wheat to
oak trees. The soil copper ppms vary depending on the species.
He gets much of his info for this through the American Phytopathological
Society. APS.
Below is a link.
Mark

http://www.apsnet.org/