nafex - Re: [NAFEX] growing fruit trees close to the ground

  • From: "Mark & Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] growing fruit trees close to the ground
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 18:16:12 -0600

Jerry,

Some time back Pomona had an article about a guy growing peaches up north.
He used little temporary housing for his peach trees in the wintertime. He
would then wreck them out in the spring. Built them out of pallets or
something real cheap. He was experimenting with heating them with candles
and other various low cost methods of heating. Just have to keep them
warmer than -10F. Thought this was a pretty ingenious way to do it.

Mark
KS