nafex - Re: [NAFEX] "Hawthorn" jelly; a bad name

  • From: "Dr.O'Barr" <Topgun@Otelco.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] "Hawthorn" jelly; a bad name
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 09:42:23 -0600

HOW ABOUT MAYHAW JELLY???

TOPGUN

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 9:29 AM
Subject: [NAFEX] "Hawthorn" jelly; a bad name

Reward: 3 jars of Hawthorn Jelly for coming up with a new name.

Remember back a few months ago when I posted about an apple named
Keepsake that no one buys? Then we changed the name to Duchess and it
suddenly popular with the customers. Now we've got a new dilemma: I need a
new name for Hawthorn Jelly. It is really delicious but no one buys it.
Some customers won't even take it for free. It is all about the name, but
what?
This is how this contest works. Send me your name suggestions. We'll
make a list and ask some of our customers, "Would you buy a jelly that is
named___________? Then we'll make up some labels, put the jelly on the
shelf with its new name and see if it sells. We have just begun our slow
season so this could take a few months. I'll let everyone know who won.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups: