nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Schlabach"s nursery?

  • From: william Eggers <wce1482@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Schlabach"s nursery?
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 07:50:10 -0800 (PST)

Sure, for instance, when I contacted Van Well, they said they would replace the trees.  No problems and no hassle.  Adams nursery did the same.  However, Stark's had me take pictures of where the trees were and then said that it was my fault that they didn't live and, therefore, they would not replace them.  There were several nurseries that didn't respond.  Least this sounds like I am stiffing the nurseries,  I have planted fruit trees for 20 years and some usually don't make it.  I usually just mark them off.  This is the first year that I have asked any nursery to replace any tree.  I plan to call Schlabach's Monday and see if something can be worked out as I have had good luck with them in the past.

Steve <sdw12986@aol.com> wrote:
william Eggers wrote:
725898.54095.qm@web38713.mail.mud.yahoo.com" type="cite">We planted over 600 trees last year from several different nurseries.  Because of the year, we had excessive dying of trees and we sent to each nursery and asked them what they could do about it.  Schlabach's was one of them and we never heard back from them.

Would you care to name a nursery or two who were especially good to you with this matter?

Steve

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions.
----