nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Schlabach"s nursery?

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Schlabach"s nursery?
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:27:28 -0600

Sure, for instance, when I contacted Van Well, they said they would replace the trees. No problems and no hassle. Adams nursery did the same.

FYI, I bought four plums from St. Lawrence Nursery, and two of them didn't survive. (I don't know why. They looked fine.) They sent me replacements this past spring that looked even better than the first trees, really nice. I had to pay shipping is all, and these did survive.

Despite being such a beginner at this, I've been surprised at how few things I've lost. But I also bought a mulberry from ForestFarm, and when it never broke dormancy, they sent me a replacement without question (no shipping cost, either). I also bought a clove currant from them - a huge plant that looked really nice and grew like crazy. Unfortunately, about a year later, I realized it wasn't really a clove currant. We eventually identified it as something that they had right next to the clove currants (I can't remember now, but it wasn't a fruiting bush), and they sent me a replacement for that, too. No problem.

No complaints here, and I like to give credit where credit's due.

Bill

--
Don't worry that children never listen to you. Worry that they are always watching you. - Robert Fulghum