nafex - [NAFEX] Schlabach"s nursery?

  • From: "Dianne Ste;phany" <iluvdanc@rochester.rr.com>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Schlabach"s nursery?
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:11:11 -0500

Hi
I got a new catalogue and wondered if anyone has gotten anything from Schlabach's Nursery, a family nursery in Medina, NY?  The catalog says they have over 300 HERITAGE/ antigue type apples, most from before 1900.   You have to request a list of these apples, they are not listed in the catalogue.     For anyone wishing to pursue the list: Schlabach's Nursery, 2784 Mudock Rd, Medina, NY 14103; 585-798-6198. They are probably in zone 5.

Has anyone tried the Spring Satin plumcot? I know that some on the list have said they were disapointed with plumcots before.

Also thanks for the correction about geese. I always wondered why geese did not eat insects, but we never had geese- only ducks and chickens, so I had no experience to base my thoughts on.

Thanks again,
DIanne Stephany, Zone 5
Rohester NY --where I think we made up our rain deficit by snowfall this last week. We have had 37 inches of snow so far in December when the average is 3 inches.  It is Christmas card gorgeous out there, but I dont have to go anywhere.