nafex - Re: [NAFEX] keepsake name

  • From: "Naomi" <dragon-star@cableone.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] keepsake name
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 08:59:50 -0700

In the not too distant past I was chastised on a cheese making list for referring to a cheese I was making as Brie.  I was informed by another member that the cheese names referred to the production of certain locations, species… and were not to be used for “like products” .  She then informed me of the names she had chosen for her products which involved names drawn from local landmarks.

 I was “persuaded” to follow her example and promptly dubbed my next cheese  “Clay Peak Sanitary Landfill and Motorcycle Park” .  It was actually a rather nice feta.

BTW I have a Keepsake tree and very much enjoy the fruit.

Naomi