nafex - Re: [NAFEX] keepsake name

  • From: william Eggers <wce1482@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] keepsake name
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 19:25:48 -0800 (PST)

This ought to mix things up real good.  Let's just call any apple by any name we feel like.  I think I'll market honey crisp as sugar bite and maybe Mc Intosh as McFee and Red Delicious and Hawkeye.  You see where this is going. Pretty soon no one will know what apple is what.  Maybe it would be better to use the apple's real name.  Also, I refuse to believe that people are so stupid that they would not eat an apple just because of the name.

Bill Eggers
Winterset, Iowa

Richard MURPHY <murphman108@msn.com> wrote:
Hey guys;

Canola oil is made from Rape seed.
Nobody is gonna fry their donuts in Rape Oil. Not even gross old Murph.

Make up some cool names.
Centennial Crab could be 'little sweeties' or something that folks would warm up to.
I doubt anybody's in jail for 'apple fraud at a farm stand'.
Besides; people won't remember Centennial. They will remember the other name.

Murph

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions.
----