nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Peach rootstock

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Peach rootstock
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:05:06 -0600

Pete,

Try http://cameronnursery.com/contactus.htm who have Lovell rootstocks available. Hope this helps!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete Solis" <petessolis@gmail.com>
To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 7:58 AM
Subject: [NAFEX] Peach rootstock

Hi,

My grandfather had a peach tree on his old farm that's probably going to die soon. I'd like to propagate it onto my farm this year, for both his sake and mine, but I'm at a loss as to where I can get peach rootstock, as my old standbys, St. Lawrence Nursery and FedCo Trees, don't carry it. I have no idea what kind of peach it is, other than really really delicious. Based on what books I do have my inclination is towards Lovell or Halford stock. There haven't been trees of any kind on the farm for quite some time. (I'm changing that!)

The soil on the farm is well drained, sandy loam, ex-pasture.

So, do any of you have recommendations for types of stock and preferred suppliers?

Thanks a bunch,
Pete Solis
(zone 4-5)