nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Peach rootstock

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Peach rootstock
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 09:16:37 -0500

Hello,

First check your local nurseries. This is the time of year they are
discounting fruit trees to bare bones prices. You can always use a retail
peach tree to save the variety until you can locate rootstock that you want.

No harm, no foul in creating a collection tree, or just top working it over
to what you want.

I bought a 4-5 year old apple tree for $15 at a nursery at the end of the
season.

Later,
Tom