nafex - [NAFEX] brown-rot resistance in stone-fruit.

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] brown-rot resistance in stone-fruit.
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 08:23:25 EST

In a message dated 11/14/2007 7:19:08 AM Eastern Standard Time, alandhaigh@gmail.com writes:

I'm also curious about brown-rot resistance in stone-fruit.

I can tell you of one that isn't resistant. I have a donut peach from Starks that has born fruit for maybe 6 years. Loaded most years. A really sweet peach. But never get more than a few eatable fruits due to brown rot. Have a Starks Delicious not nearly as susceptible, wonderful fruit. My spray program is haphazard at best, but one or two years when I used two different fungicides more frequently still no usable Donut "Saturn" fruit. I'll likely cut the tree down as it is a source of BR spores, skeletons hang on all winter. Not a lazy man's peach!

Jerry
5B

See what's new at http://www.aol.com

  • [NAFEX] brown-rot resistance in stone-fruit., Jwlehman, 11/14/2007