nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Plum Curculio Resistant Cultivars

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Plum Curculio Resistant Cultivars
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 06:13:27 -0800

Beach plums (P. maritima) seem to have a mechanism for resisting PC by encapsulating the egg in a drop of sap that quickly hardens. I've seen fruits of this species where most of the fruits had a little drop of hardened sap on the fruit, but no curculio infestation inside.
-Lon Rombough
For even more grape lessons, go to http://www.grapeschool.com
For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com