nafex - Re: [NAFEX] soil ph

  • From: "Mark & Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] soil ph
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 18:03:34 -0500

Jerry,

Elemental/agricultural sulphur is generally the preferred method for acidifying soil.  It works well.  We started at a pH of 6.9.  This spring I used some in some places I wanted a lower pH and this summer's soil test revealed it had brought the soil down to 6.4.  Google it and you will find how much you need to apply to lower pH.

Mark
Kansas