nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grape juicing

  • From: "Erdman, James" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grape juicing
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:09:38 -0500

I found that Concord require a longer growing season than most of zone 4, in
most years. When we were borderline zone 4/5 at a different home 18 years
ago and more, my Concords seldom ripened, but Fredonia and Worden did well.
I didn't even consider planting them when we moved 100 miles further north.
However, lots of people claim to have "Concord" grapes at their homes, but I
suspect that they just call any blue grape that isn't a wine grape or a wild
grape a "concord".

Jim Erdman, in Menomonie,WI