nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cider Question

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cider Question
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:06:31 -0500

Jim,

That must have been me. We use a product called Tsunami 100 from Ecolab in Minnesota. It is 100% organic hydrogen peroxide.

Here is the contact information:

ECOLAB
US Customer Service
Telephone: (800)352-5326
(651)293-1963
Fax: (651)225-3098
e-mail: Contact Ecolab

A product information label is available at http://www.ecolab.com/Initiatives/FoodSafety/FST/Images/Tsunami100_25978-CS.pdf

It is available in 4 gallon drums for around $85 per drum. Our washer holds around 1500 gallons of water and we use around 5 gallons per season. It is highly concentrated and a test kit is available to test your mix to assure the correct ppm are available in the water you are washing your fruit in. if you contact the customer service number, they will put you in contact with the rep for your area or take the order right over the phone. We have used it for about 4 years and get excellent results.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com