nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pear question

  • From: "V. Michael Bove, Jr." <vmb@teakettlefarm.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pear question
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:48:55 -0400

In my case, the precise moment they are ready to be picked is the night before the morning when I go out and notice that the raccoons came around and ate most of them. :-)

Another question for the experts: my Bartletts have all become more or less biennial bearers. Do the usual things one does to apples to break them of this habit work on pears, too?

Michael Bove
Teakettle Farm, MA/RI border (zone 6)