nafex - [NAFEX] St. Lawrence Nursery - More comments

  • From: sherwindu <sherwindu@comcast.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] St. Lawrence Nursery - More comments
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 19:08:53 -0500

The strange thing about St. Lawrence Nursery is that they don't believe in
dwarf
trees.
Their reasoning is flawed, and of course, I cannot fit a standard tree in my
backyard
orchard. Even if I could, it would be a pain in the neck to maintain and take
forever to
produce any fruit. My neighbor bought an Antonovka from them and they went so
far
as to graft this onto an Antonovka rootstock, as a standard tree.

Sherwin Dubren