nafex - [NAFEX] Elderberry notes

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Elderberry notes
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 21:54:38 -0400

Steve's freeze method and Tim's water blast.
2 methods I must try.
The problem with the fork, I fugured out, is 'V shaped crotches' between the tines.
Stems wedge themselves in.
Find a fork with wide crotches and 1/8" tooth spacing.

Guys; I have York and Nova on trial in zone 4.
They went in this spring of 07.
Man do they grow !!
The Elderberry Samdal just sits there as if to say, "Wadda you lookin at?"
It isn't doing much. (4 plants, all retarded)

PS.. Unripe Elderberries have excess cyanide, and might give you the Atomic Squirts, or worse.
    Fortunately, ripe berries sink, and unripe berries float in water. Skim and toss the duds.

Murph