nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bali vs Evans

  • From: Steve <SDW12986@aol.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bali vs Evans
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:26:02 -0400

Well, that's interesting what Steve H writes about the suckers from the roots. I had my Bali cherry for a number of years, before it died, and it never made any kind of sprout for me. Before mine died, it did make some bubbles of gum on the lower 2 feet of the trunk in just a few spots. I'm not sure if that's usually a sign of a deadly health problem or not.
When I cut it down, I saved the trunk section thinking I would inspect it, looking for the cause of death. The bark wouldn't peel off since the tree was dead, but all the surfaces looked very normal and the visible wood at the ends looked as if it had been cut from a healthy tree.

Steve