nafex - [NAFEX] membership in NAFEX

  • From: "Michelle Horner" <shelly2@wi.rr.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] membership in NAFEX
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 09:09:44 -0500

I have to say I treasure the postings that go on in NAFEX.  I read everyone.  And I have been personally helped and encouraged in a number of problems by other members.

But I did just have this conversation with my hubbie--when I attended my local meetings at the Chicago Botanic Gardens--I even went armed with pictures of my 30 tree backyard orchard in its full glory of "ghost" spray in my first attempts with Surround and a Raintree catalogue and Seven Springs flyer--no one was too interested in yakking with a new member.  I circulated around the room, but it is difficult to bust into circles of conversations that all the old pros were having.  It might have been a nice gesture to introduce/ or have the member introduce themselves--and comment on "where they are" in their orcharding and what they hope to accomplish in the future; what they hope to learn?  Also went to a couple of the sponsored lectures--very excellent information--but not for the lonesome or faint of heart, no comradely welcome there either.  So, I lurk and learn from the internet.

Maybe, have each member submit one verbal tip at meetings just to hear some voice from everyone?

Michelle Horner