nafex - Re: [NAFEX] membership in NAFEX

  • From: mangodance <bmn@iglou.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] membership in NAFEX
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 22:03:22 -0400

Claude Jolicoeur wrote:

I have tried this spring to renew my membership by email and never got any
answer, nor did my membership got renewed as far as I know.
I also tried to contact the NAFEX webmaster at least twice to inquire about
the possibility to post a file on the FAFEX web site that would contain
pictures for an article I wanted to write for Pomona - no answer from there
either.

Truly problems. I can help on one front. I am the new NAFEX web dork. I have not changed anything on the site other than a few updates. I'm working on a simple design and a restructuring, however, it is a good ways off. I stand ready to take any and all articles, etc., and will get them online. The former web person is traveling abroad. I'm not sure I've even had time to change just the contact pages but think I did. I will give it a look.

The net result: probably my membership will not get renewed and my article
will not be written and published... Can NAFEX and Pomona really afford
this????

The website can't afford it either. However, there were some bumps recently and I think things are starting to get back to normal.

My opinion is that things should be made easy for members. At the least,
membership should be made available on line at the web site (with a secure
connection for the credit card numbers). Checks in US funds are difficult
for those that don't live in USA (and cost extra). Slow mail - nobody uses
that anymore.

I'm already working on options that I can take to the rest of the board. I had planned it for the overall web conversion. However I may be able to create something very basic to do it in the interim. However, with credit cards come additional fees. Addtionally, we are operating on free space and as far as I can tell, do not have secure servers available to us from within our provider...only external folks like paypal, google, etc.