nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Poisonous Garden Huckleberry?

  • From: "S & E Hills" <ehills7408@wowway.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Poisonous Garden Huckleberry?
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 18:37:54 -0500

I can report that S. Nigrum does come back from the same roots here in zone
6. I have a couple that I have been pulling or killing for a couple years
now, and know they're the same one because I can never get the bottom of the
stem out of the cracks in the concrete in which it is growing. A neighbor
of mine has a variegated one that has returned year after year on his fence
as well.

Scott Hills