nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Poisonous Garden Huckleberry?

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Poisonous Garden Huckleberry?
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 10:21:43 -0500

That one is where they got scopalomine, used for "twilight sleep." This drug
was used on women in labor, while it does nothing to reduce pain, it causes amnesia
afterward so the person can't remember it. Strange, eh?

Strange, indeed. It reminds me of taking nitrous oxide when I had my wisdom teeth removed. It still hurt, but I didn't care. Very strange feeling.

Bill

--
Life is sacred? Who said so, God? Hey, if you read history you'll realize that God is one of the leading causes of death, has been for thousands of years. Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Jews, all taking turns killing each other because God told them it was a good idea. - George Carlin