nafex - [NAFEX] persimmon fertilization

  • From: Jerrydana5@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] persimmon fertilization
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 07:15:24 EDT

OK, not to appear stupid, but I don't understand this persimmon fertilization thing.  Everybody around here says you must have 2 trees to have persimmons.  I guess that means they are like some apples which are not self-fertile.  I got my sprouts from volunteers under a solitary tree close by which is always loaded with persimmons.  How could that be?  And am I guaranteed I will get persimmons from just two trees, or do I need more to be sure?  What if they don't "get along"?  Is it possible to have two trees which do not cross-pollinate?  It's taken me years to get some sprouts that grow, so I want to get this straight.  Thanks for clearing things up for this new persimmon grower.  Jerry in souther Indiana

See what's free at AOL.com.