nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Lonicera caerulea / Actinidia kolomikta

  • From: Hans Brinkmann <hans-brinkmann@t-online.de>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Lonicera caerulea / Actinidia kolomikta
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 15:31:06 +0200

Hallo Jan,
druschba tawarisch, dobre djen!
It's very interesting!
Real research in new cultivars is done at many places - but usually only with "commercially interesting" crops like apples, pears, cherries, grape...
There is only one place known for it's many, many Actinidia cultivars: Bayerische Landesanstalt für Weinbau und Gartenbau near Würsburg/Bavaria.
If you need any information or material, let me know and I will help you for sure.
I guess they have approx. 100 Actinidia cultivars. If you are searching for special Actinidia cultivars (even many, many other fruits and wild fruit-cultivars), let me know!
Even I have a contact to an old Actinidia collector with a very large private collection. Unfortunately he has no e-mail.
In my collection I have only some usual Actinidia cultivars. Could get e.g. A. kolomikta "Matowaja" cuttings.
In which area are you located? I am from Northern Germany near Hannover.

ciao
Hans

vrana schrieb:
I have many my seedlings,some very perspective.Russians have still better.I
went from samples of seeds which i got from rusia,from various places,many
samples for 40 years i am sowing and selecting it and actinidia
kolomikta.this year I chosed better from all.But here is very dry time and
all loniceras have less measure of berry than in usual year. I water but it
is not sufficiently often. I speak deutsch very litle so I try rather
english,in spite that i know polish, slovak and russia well. Now I was
twoo days fishing with my son in law. Probably deutsch have research in
many universities. what do you say to my actinidia sort? Jan
----- Original Message ----- From: "Hans Brinkmann" <hans-brinkmann@t-online.de>