nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Huckleberry

  • From: road's end farm <organic101@linkny.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Huckleberry
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 10:20:52 -0400

I have a friend who loves huckleberries, but swears that they can't be cultivated. I recently had an email from her on this subject. (This would be the western version; she has a friend in Montana who picks wild ones for her.)

My friend doesn't actually know anything much about farming, and is not a gardener, so I wondered if her information is correct. Jim, did you find other people who were cultivating them, but who didn't want to sell plants? or were they all wild harvesting?

Of course, if they aren't ordinarily cultivated, I expect some NAFEXers will take it as a challenge ...

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly