nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apricot flowering/honey bees

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apricot flowering/honey bees
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:52:51 -0400

...... Original Message .......
On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 13:47:52 -0500 "William C. Garthright"
<billg@inebraska.com> wrote:

>> What a difference a day or two of warm weather makes. Friday nothing
had bloomed,. . .

>It's funny that you're in a warmer zone (zone 6, while I'm in zone 5a),
>but my plants went through that stage a good month ago. My apricot was
>in full bloom March 26th, the forsythia March 25th, . . .
>Well, I guess some of this might be do to local weather variations,
>since we had a very warm March. Perhaps you were colder than normal?. . .
>
>It just struck me as funny when I read your post. It probably didn't
>seem odd to anyone else, but it sure did to me.
>
>Bill
>Lincoln, NE (zone 5a)

Weather is very local. We had some abnormally warm weather in early
winter, and again in early spring, but it never got _quite_ warm enough for
the plants to break dormancy until last weekend. Also, we are
semi-coastal. Our winters are milder than yours (thus the higher climate
zone) but so are our summers. 90F is a heat wave, and we don't expect much
of that sort of heat in any one summer.

___
Ginda