nafex - Re: [NAFEX] rootstock under meyers lemon

  • From: Tony Adrian <nursingdata@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] rootstock under meyers lemon
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 15:43:36 -0500

Hello Jim,

I have no idea how to remove the Trifoliate. When we bought our land five years ago the woods were already loaded with them. Some are 15 feet tall and probably that big in diameter. My first clue that there was a problem was when a friend from the U.S. Fisheries and Wildlife came over to tromp around. He took one look at these beasts and told me that he didn't know they were a problem this far south in our area. He said on one project about 20 miles north of here they were battling them..

I'll email him and ask as he is the reforestation guy for our region and he'll either know or can find out easily. I'm willing to bet it is going to have to be a chemical. If not some rude chemical then perhaps a rope with a sling or a chain and a tractor. Yank them out and add them to a large burn pile might work. But they look like they'd come back from any roots left behind.

Tony
Opelousas, LA
Zone 8 (right between A & B)

Tony,
How do you remove the Trifoliate plants?
Jim Nottke