nafex - Re: [NAFEX] OOPS!

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] OOPS!
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 10:22:23 -0500

Can we change this list to where both addresses show at the top of a reply, so we can easily send private posts? I'm not the only one who has done this sort of thing. This is the only group I am on where you have to really stop and think and then scrounge out the address of the person you want to post privately.

what email program are you using? it may already be there...

Yes. I use Thunderbird, the free (open-source) email software from Mozilla, and it shows both the "From" address (which is the poster's address) and, just below that, the "Sender" address, which is the NAFEX list. That's very handy.

HOWEVER, if I just click on <Reply> as I usually do, or even <Reply All>, my response will only go to the list. So I can't say that this is much help with avoiding mistakes. The poster's address is always available if I want to send a private message, but I have to think about it first. I still make mistakes, as we all do. So I wouldn't worry about it. Your message could have been a LOT more embarrassing, after all. A secretary at work once sent an email about her sex life to the entire company. Now THAT was probably embarrassing! :-)

Bill

--
The little shutter at the back of my mind, where I pushed all my dissonant thoughts, snapped open after the 9/11 attacks, and it refused to close again. I found myself thinking that the Quran is not a holy document. It is a historical record, written by humans. ... And it is a very tribal and Arab version of events. - Ayaan Hirsi Ali