nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple and plum root cuttings

  • From: "bluestem_farm@juno.com" <bluestem_farm@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple and plum root cuttings
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:50:39 GMT

Ross,
If you can protect the little plants from herbivores and late
freezes, and make sure that they get plenty of water, I'd advise
putting them in soil now so that they can get more nutrients for
building tissue. Right now they are living off their reserves.

-- "rossdaman00dub@juno.com" <rossdaman00dub@juno.com> wrote:

To whom it may inspire interest:

I recently took some plum and apple suckers from local trees.
Each cutting contains
above ground wood, with small leaves emerging, as well as below
surface wood with
some roots. I have had them in water for a week or so and new root
clusters are pushing
through the bark.
I am wondering, if I should put them in the soil now, or should I
wait till the roots get
more developed.
If anyone has experience or thoughts about vegetative fruit tree
propagation, I would
greatly appreciate it. Or if you have seen past posts relating to
this.
I also have a bit of experience with stratification of plum, apple,
peach and apricot and
would love to discuss this with anyone with interest in learning or
sharing.

Much love
Ross

__
Interested in getting caught up on today's news?
Click here to checkout USA TODAY Headlines.
http://track.juno.com/s/lc?
s=198954&u=http://www.usatoday.com/news/front.htm?csp=24

This includes distribution on other email lists or reproduction on
web sites.
permission!

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions.
----
To subscribe or unsubscribe, go to the bottom of this page (also can
be used to change other email options):