nafex - [NAFEX] Apple and plum root cuttings

  • From: "rossdaman00dub@juno.com" <rossdaman00dub@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Apple and plum root cuttings
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 00:31:49 GMT

To whom it may inspire interest:

I recently took some plum and apple suckers from local trees. Each
cutting contains
above ground wood, with small leaves emerging, as well as below surface wood
with
some roots. I have had them in water for a week or so and new root clusters
are pushing
through the bark.
I am wondering, if I should put them in the soil now, or should I wait till
the roots get
more developed.
If anyone has experience or thoughts about vegetative fruit tree
propagation, I would
greatly appreciate it. Or if you have seen past posts relating to this.
I also have a bit of experience with stratification of plum, apple, peach
and apricot and
would love to discuss this with anyone with interest in learning or sharing.

Much love
Ross

Interested in getting caught up on today's news?
Click here to checkout USA TODAY Headlines.
http://track.juno.com/s/lc?s=198954&u=http://www.usatoday.com/news/front.htm?csp=24