nafex - Re: [NAFEX] rabbit damage

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] rabbit damage
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:48:50 -0500

I once wrapped a couple of rabbit damaged trees for someone in England, just wrapped them with rags. They said those were the only trees that survived. I offer this not because rags are the best wrappers, but because SOMETHING is better than nothing. I hope that some come through for you. If not, I guess the undamaged 3 ft will be there for future growth.
Apple trees seem to be the hardest of all here, I hope that this, the 15th year since I started planting them, that they will make a crop. Boron seems to be the secret to get the trees to grow here. WHY the Ag bulletins for the south and all the books and magazine articles don't say add boron if you are on red clay, I just don't know. Donna