nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Winter Hardy Tropicals

  • From: Michael Nave <jmichaelnave@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Winter Hardy Tropicals
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:00:09 -0800 (PST)

As someone else mentioned, with regard to citrus, I
would be inclined to grow calamondins in pots and
bring them in the house in the winter. They stay small
and fruit year round.

You could do the same with the Chilean guava which
also stays small.

Ponicirus trifoliata is not worth eating or juicing or
growing in my opinion--very nasty thorns.

There are pomegranates that will survive in the warmer
parts of zone 6 but I don't know about zone 5.