nafex - [NAFEX] Special Characters

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Special Characters
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:41:47 -0600

When talking about temperature, I don't see anyone using the degree mark, ° , so, for anyone who wishes to use it, here is how it is done; On a PC, hold down the 'Alt' key and type the numerical digits 0176 from the number pad to the right of your keyboard (there's a different procedure on a Mac®). This gives a ° in plain text, the script we use for NAFEX. If you were to type Alt 0186, you'd get a ° in rich text but if you sent that to the list-serv, it would print a ? instead. If anyone is interested in other special characters, do let me know.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
www.bberryfarm.com