nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Special Characters

  • From: road's end farm <organic101@linkny.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Special Characters
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 19:27:17 -0500

On Nov 30, 2006, at 10:41 AM, Jim Fruth wrote:

When talking about temperature, I don't see anyone using the degree
mark, ° , so, for anyone who wishes to use it, here is how it is done; On a
PC, hold down the 'Alt' key and type the numerical digits 0176 from the
number pad to the right of your keyboard (there's a different procedure on a
Mac®). This gives a ° in plain text, the script we use for NAFEX. If you
were to type Alt 0186, you'd get a ° in rich text but if you sent that to
the list-serv, it would print a ? instead. If anyone is interested in other
special characters, do let me know.

63º here today. -- Did that work? If so, it's a whole lot simpler on a Mac: just hit option and 0.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly