nafex - Re: [NAFEX] cider apples.(tannic acid)

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] cider apples.(tannic acid)
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 22:08:22 +0000

Also the dry part of a pecan nut, between the kernel & the shell. (I find banana peel is more of that coat-the-teeth stuff which spinach does.)

Years ago someone gave me scionwood of a sweet+tannic apple, probably a Red Del seedling. I like it for eating, but more as a novelty-- would not want it as the only aple in my orchard. 'Loneroc' posted a great reply to my poor question: he gave a good review of apple cider blending & flavors, but I was asking if this sweet+tannic group of apples is something which the cider-growers are currently looking for more cultivars. Should I look into distributing this?