nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Patenting, Nov '06; was "cider apples.(re:tannic acid)"

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Patenting, Nov '06; was "cider apples.(re:tannic acid)"
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 17:14:38 -0800 (PST)

Important point, yes. But unfortunately, once a chance-seedling has gone
past some
certain points down the "public" route, it is no longer legal to patent it.
(Unless
the patent-applicant is willing to lie to the feds. I think that adds
another layer
of fuss-- & possible delay & expense-- to the patent process, and applicant
may end
up w/o a patent, at best.) My question is, how do we make & keep a nice
chance-seedling so public that no dishonest patent-applicant can patent it?