nafex - [NAFEX] Fairfax strawberry, was Re: Strawberry Mulch

  • From: "O'Barr, R. D." <topgun@otelco.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fairfax strawberry, was Re: Strawberry Mulch
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 21:18:55 -0600

I am sorry to say that this was back in the sixties so I really can't answer
most of your questions. I believe the Nursery was Atlas which I do not think
is still around.
I have also grown Cardinal and found it to be more productive than either
the Carskill or Surecrop but I forget which of the two it was, sorry. This
trial was in Louisiana where they like Chandler quite well.
Sorry that I do not have more info on Fairfax for you.
In Huntsville, AL I also had the Earlidawn, Pocohantas(spelling?), Tennesee
Beauty, and a couple others I do not remember just now, but I liked Catskill
and Surecrop the best. I will let the group know how the Whopper does. It
has been in the ground since this last spring.
Topgun